"Jesus, Lord of Heaven, I do not deserve the grace that You have given, or the promise of Word. Lord, I stand in wonder, at the sacrifice You made...mercy beyond measure, my debt You freely paid. Your love is deeper than any ocean, higher than the heavens, reaches beyond the stars in the skies. Jesus, Your love knows no bounds."
We often sing this song at church and tonight, I couldn't think of a better way to express my heart and thanks to God, than through the lyrics of this song.
I am overwhelmed, once again, by the magnitude of God's love and care for us. I Peter 5:6-7 says, "So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and in His good time He will honor you. Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about what happens to you." In Adam's study bible it says, "Letting God have your anxieties calls for action, not passivity. Don't submit to circumstances but to the Lord, who controls circumstances." Amen.
These lyrics keep coming to mind lately as well, "Lay down your burden, I will carry you. I will carry you, My child, my child." We are in awe of the way God has been carrying us, providing for us, and leading us during this time of transition. It is so neat for the kids to witness as well. Tonight we were totally blown away by a Thanksgiving care package from church via the youth group. We keep trying to give to and bless others, but God keeps heaping the blessings back...I don't think we can outgive Him since everything belongs to Him anyway.:)
It has been a little over a month since we found out Adam would no longer be working here and already we have a place to live for Jan. and Feb., storage, people helping us move and unpack, cupboards full of groceries, a temporary job that Adam starts on Monday (where he gets to work with special needs individuals), people to help clean the house before we leave, and the list goes on and on.
Yes, it is a time of uncertainty, but as we follow Him and allow Him to direct our steps, He is repeatedly showing us how Mighty, Faithful, and Personal He is. He cares about and sees all the details...Brooke has wanted to make gingerbread cookies and wouldn't you know our friend is bringing up a gingerbread house for her to make tomorrow and we also received a mix for gingerbread cake too. It is neat to see our children's faith being strengthened as they give and receive also.
I keep thinking about Acts 2 lately...especially verses 43-37. We have friends who were in a small group where they each told one another what debt they had...after they had done that each of the group's members took on one another's debt, by having garage sells and fundraisers- working together to eliminate each other's debts. How amazing! A dear friend told me the other day...helping one another is God's economy...as Acts 2 talks about. At church we are talking about "being" the church and what that looks like. As my bible study leader said, "Even in our need we always have something to give...whether it is time or love...it is important to keep giving and reaching out, so we don't become self-focused. What a great challenge.
So, even though it is kind of a crazy time right now, it is a good time. A time of many lessons learned and faith being stretched and grown, in our lives and others too. I fear I am not keeping up with the thank yous fast enough....so THANK YOU! Thank you for your prayers, your care, your encouragement, your love...we praise God for you.
"On Christ, the solid Rock, we stand..."
2 comments:
Wow, our Lord is so awesome. He DOES take care of our every need, even when we doubt. Kates, I am so proud of you and the way you handle life. You are such a strong example for me and I feel so blessed to call you my friend. I miss you and hope to see you soon! Love you girl!
Hey Katie! I'm excited to see what new things the Lord has for your family!!
We are not able to be in Mi at Christmas time....
But, if you guys are ever in the mood for a roadtrip, come see us! Or, we are a good stop-over point to fl too:)
Post a Comment