Last night we watched "UP" as a family. It was such a sweet time all snuggling together on the couch. Banner and Kale were holding hands for part of the movie too. I shed some tears for sure- such a sweet story of marriage, dreams, and adventure.
I keep thinking about the phrase, "The Spirit of Adventure" that is said/shown frequently in the movie. This world entices us to experience adventure- but it turns out to be a cheap substitute for the abundant life that Christ came to give us. He alone holds the true Spirit of Adventure....ransoming hearts...calling and bringing dry, dead bones to life...making all things new...restoring our soul. That is the adventure I want and have in Him!
Thank You Lord. Thank You for beginning the process of making my heart whole and complete. Thank You for helping me begin to realize that I need to be fully present, to stop striving (for approval, worth, and value), to slow down and live fully alive. Thank You for those you have placed right before my eyes- I love you A, B, K, and B- to the moon and back. Living can get messy, so thanks God for a family night where tears of joy and a heart awakening to life were the only messy things there.
1 comment:
Hi Katie! Just read your latest blog entry. We also watched UP recently and felt the same way you did. Boy did I cry during some of the parts in the movie. Following christ is for sure a real adventure and difficult at times.. I'm trying trying trying because you are so right, life is messy:)
Beth
Post a Comment