Sunday, September 26, 2010

Up, down, and all around

Have you ever felt this way emotionally- "up, down, and all around"? Well, this past week I have. Even though I could cry or burst into laughter at any minute I was reminded how steady God is. He is not surprised or taken off guard by things. He is Personal, Real, On the throne, in my heart, and all around at the same time- yep, He is up, down, and all around too- but in a very strategic, intentional, powerful and loving way. As we worshiped this weekend at Women's Retreat the Spirit reminded my of many things, taught me some new things, and was just there as strength and help. Psalm 34:8 was the theme verse of the retreat, "Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him." Even when I am not "in the know" or able to make things happen (the Type A in me) or certain of the next step, I can and should rest; leaning into Him and His capable arms. Arms that are not too short to save, redeem, and hold....arms that are able to pick up, and hands that will hold mine, never letting go. When my vision is cloudy, may He be my vision (like we sang this morning)....

"Heart of my own heart, whatever befall, still be my vision, O ruler of all."

Oh God, may You be my vision...You alone, help me to take one step at a time, instead of trying to leap to the top, help me to live out my faith by letting You take care of the details.

"O Taste and see that the Lord is good
O Taste and see that the Lord is good to me
You have turned my mourning into dancing
Put off my rags and clothed me with gladness
And I will arise and I will praise you
I'll sing and not be silent" (by Brian and Jenn Johnson)


P.S. Those of you who weren't able to be at this year's retreat should check out Paula Stitt and Pam Gillaspie online...two wonderful ladies who love the Lord dearly.

No comments: