Happy Tuesday- Here is an update on things...getting ready to apply for adoption in the next few
weeks; so excited. Please be praying for everyone involved. The recording process is happening as well! Just recorded the poems and the first song this past week. God gave me a new song the other day and Adam worked on it with me. Adam has given me some great pointers on things that have really improved the songs. The best way to keep up with the progress on the CD is to visit the Facebook page, "Echoes of Katie Reid".
I have been trying to read through books of the Bible and just finished Judges the other day...I honestly wasn't all that excited about reading it, but as I read it I was surprised by the incredible accounts in it. Some of the stories I had never read before; it was exciting to read them and think about those times and the challenges that the people faced. I was struck by how the people followed God yet had idols on the side as well. I started thinking about that and wondering if we do that...most of us don't have shrines or statues to others gods like those in the Bible times did, but we do have more subtle idols like, TV, possessions, entertainment, technology, etc. These things aren't evil in and of themselves, but they can often be exalted above the Lord in the time and devotion we give to them. "Give us clean hands, give us clean hearts...let us not lift our souls to another; O Lord we cast down out idols. O God let us be a generation that seeks, that seeks Your face O God Of Jacob."
I was recently talking with a friend who is fearful about the new thing that God is bringing she and her family into for the summer. We talked about how one of the enemy's tactics is to point out all the scary unknowns or intimidating things about the coming circumstances; trying to get us to: not move forward, play a part in discouraging others, or causing us to be paralyzed in fear. I was reminded of the song, "He did not bring us out this far to bring us back again....though there be giants in the land, we will not be afraid." The enemy tries to get us to focus on the giants (and he did with the 12 spies who scouted out the Promised Land) instead of on the Lord and His ability to fight those giants for us. At times the Israelites were tempted to want to return to Egypt; forgetting that they were slaves there, oppressed, and held down. So, may we all be encouraged to keep going with the Lord, trusting His lead, and His ability to get us through whatever unknowns or obstacles stand before us. Hope you all are growing in your relationship with the Lord, your family, and those around you.
1 comment:
Katie, I don't think you know that I follow your blog. This is one entry that I will be rereading as we begin homeschooling. Thank you!
Kristen
Post a Comment