So, the other day Kale asked me to make caramel corn instead of regular popcorn. For sure! This recipe is so easy and quick. I adapted it from "Better Homes and Gardens" cookbook.

-Pop 2 bags of microwave buttered popcorn, or make your own and lightly salt and butter it (sea salt and real unsalted butter). Grease a LARGE baking pan and put the popped popcorn in it.
-Over the stove, melt 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter and add 3/4 cup brown sugar and 3 tablespoons maple syrup.
-Cook and stir over med. heat until it boils- then cook it (without stirring for 5 minutes), watch it closely you don't want it to burn...turn it down if you need to.
-Remove from heat and add 1/4 tsp. of vanilla and 1/4 tsp.baking soda, stir and pour over popcorn, mix it to make sure it is all coated.
-Cook at 300 degrees for 15 minutes, then stir and cook for 5 minutes more. Cool and serve (store in a air tight container).
So the other day, we looked out the window and saw this:

Brooke said, "Mom, it looks like the angels are coming down Heaven!" I readily agreed, when I see light rays coming down from the sky it reminds me of the spiritual realm and how God is Creator, Lord, and King of Kings, majestic, holy and always present (even when I forget). This reminded me that God is the One who keeps us, is fighting for us...spiritual warfare is real. Just yesterday a friend reminded me to be mindful of the battle that is raging...the enemy was trying to trick me to focus on other people's attitudes/faults and hurtful behavior and get upset at them, instead of extending more grace and standing strong in the Lord. Satan is the one who hates us and wants to destroy us and he will use people to discourage us and get us down...but let's keep our eyes on Christ- He is our hope, shield, and defender. We can be free in Him! I am so glad I know the One who has won and will keep winning! "Worthy art Thou, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and honor and power; for Thou didst create all things and because of Thy will they existed and were created." -Revelation 4:11
No comments:
Post a Comment