Sunday, July 15, 2012

It's good to have you home

I was so thankful to have a few days away.  My family and parents were wonderful in helping this happen; what a gift and needed time to breathe deep (in the midst of busy summer and lots of company).

I stopped on the way to the Lake to buy "Catching Fire" (book two in the Hunger Games series), a king-sized Reese's and a Sprite...special treats for a special time.

Didn't start the new book, didn't think I would really; so much catching up, laughter, and relaxation to be had with dear friends.





We walked on the beach the first night in the soft, cool sand and saw lovely luminaries floating gracefully up into the air, over the water.






Silliness, tears, sharing, silence, swimming, walks, food, campfire, fun; repeat.

It was a wonderful time away.  So thankful for these ladies who love me as I am and made the sacrifice for us all to get together.

After I returned Hubby said, "It's good to have you home."

What nice words- welcoming, belonging words.

Later I thought, as wonderful as these words were to hear from my husband; what will it be like someday to hear these words from Jesus?

"It's good to have you home."

A simple phrase that carries weight of meaning.

You were missed.

You are appreciated.

You are wanted.

You belong.

You are home.

My boys sometimes ask me, "When we will go to heaven?"

"I don't know, that is up to God", I answer.

Whenever that time is, because of Christ's complete sacrifice and precious gift of salvation (John 3:16) I look forward to hearing these words...




"It's good to have you home."


 

1 comment:

Erin said...

beautiful words my friend