Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Who Loves You More?

From a very early age Adam taught Brooklyn that even though he and I love her SO much, God is the one who loves her most of all. He practiced this with her by saying, "Who loves you more (than Daddy and Mommy)? And she would answer quite enthusiastically, "God does!" Well, I have tried to pass on this tradition with Kale (but have probably done it just a hand full of times...intentionality can be a challenge the more children you have)! Anyway, tonight as I kissed him goodnight, I said, "Kale, I love you...but, who loves you more? Before I could finish the last word, he blurted out, "Star Wars."
Yes, it's official...Adam and I were already quite sure that our kids had been watching and playing "Star Wars" too much, but now we know for sure. My dear son thinks that "Star Wars" loves him more than his mother does!:) The other night as we tucked the kids in bed we each shared what we were thankful for...Brooke said, "That Christmas is not too far away." I said, "For the snow that fell today". Adam said, "For friends", and Kale said (you guessed it), "Star Wars". He often runs around the house making all sorts of lightsaber and shooting sounds, and saying "Uke Uke" (for Luke). Brooke often insists that I do her hair like "Princess Leia" or "Padme". Brooke and Kale pretend to fight the storm "poochers" (a.k.a. storm troppers- Brooke calls them "poochers"). They keep us entertained, that is for sure.
Tomorrow is our last day of packing, we pick up the moving truck on Thursday and load it up (some guys from church are coming to help), Trevor flies in Friday and he and Adam start driving across the country, Linda arrives on Saturday and she and I (and some ladies from church) clean the house, and then she and the kids and I fly to MI on Sunday. Whew! Makes me tired just typing it.
Speaking of tired, I need to get some sleep! Good night.

1 comment:

Everyday Thoughts said...

LOVE the star wars story! Can't wait for you all to be home...we are praying for th next few days! Love you all!

-Amy