Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Balm



One of our friends, who has adopted, sent me the following message.  What a healing balm to my soul as we wait, and ache, and try to thrive and make the most of the days, and grow, and dare to hope.

"I'm sure you have heard this 1,000 too many times but God has a plan for your family and the next child he brings into your family, you just have to wait on him. That's coming from the spiritual side of things, coming from an adoptive mother who has suffered disappointment and wanted nothing more than to have my baby home, I know the ache that is inside you everyday while you wait and I can tell you that it makes you stronger and brings you into total reliance on God, but sometimes you just need to ache without feeling like you are not being faithful enough, without everyone around you telling you to have more faith and trust and trying to fix your hurts. So, We love you and we are praying for you and I'm sorry for the aches I know you feel, and it's okay to feel that way sometimes!!!"

Thank you my friend; yes that sums it up well- how we feel as we wait.  "Though there's pain in the offering, we will bless the name of the Lord."  Sacrifice-- it costs something indeed.





I was reminded the other day at bible study, that Jesus' love is unconditional.  So glad!  He is faithful always, a secure foundation in an ever-changing world and amidst uncertain circumstances.  "I am loved by the King and it makes my heart want to sing".




We went to Meijer Gardens today (we had never been); it was so beautiful, a wonderful outing with one of our homeschool groups.  I love how God transforms us...like these butterflies.






So thankful my parents were able to meet us there; it was great to see them and they were a big help with the exuberance kiddos!





No comments: