I found this frame the other day. I removed the broken glass and added scrapbook paper and embellishments, that I had on hand, to create this art piece for our bedroom. It was fun to spruce things up for free!
Here is a closer view of each panel (Project supplies: various scrapbook papers, brads, tape runner to secure paper panels to the frame mat, black Creative Memories pen, flower embellishments).
Also a shout out to the gals at Savings Addiction (check out their blog if you haven't, LOTS of great deals and savings ideas, www.savingsaddiction.com) for this great deal tip from The Canvas People www.canvaspeople.com. I only had to pay shipping to turn one of my photographs into a canvas art piece. Shipping was around $15, and the canvas was free. Normally the canvas alone would have been $49.99 There is still time to get this great deal, check it out!
And a big thanks to Jen Wood, facebook friend, who tipped me off to a great deal on baby slings from www.sevenslings.com
I got 2 slings, a matching bracelet and baby leg warmers (they are too cute) for $5 plus the cost of shipping, around $23 (and saved $120 retail). Banner exceeds the weight limit, so Brooke lent me her baby doll Natalie to use to test out the slings. Can't wait till we can try it out with our baby! Please pray, the wait continues (we are growing a lot during this season of waiting but ready for it to come to an end soon)...
I am also having a little too much fun with couponing. I only shop at Meijer for most everything and Walgreens (when they have free or discounted photo offers). I use Savings Addiction and Money Saving Mom (check out their blogs) primarily for deals ideas and use coupon.com, smartsource.com and Meijer's mperks are my coupon sources. The other day I saved $74.74 at Meijer! It is quite a thrill to save this much, especially when Meijer already has items on sale and then you can combine your mperks coupons and your manufacturer's coupons- a triple savings! My favorite things about this recent order was the deal Meijer ran on some of their organic products. If you purchased 10 items you received $5 off instantly. We did this deal twice and filled our cupboards with some of our favorite, yummy and healthy items.
I have some more deals coming in the mail (a free shutterfly 8x8 scrapbook, 50 free prints, and a carseat cover- only paid shipping on all of them)! Again thanks to the above mentioned for this tips. Friends can be a great resource for deals too. My friend Jennifer just bought 4 tank tops at Target last week (with a sale that ended last Saturday and with online coupons). She only paid $12 plus tax!
It does take time to coupon, but it doesn't have to be all consuming. Do what works for you. For me limiting my stores to 2 (unless there is an incredible deal of something I really need or want) has helped greatly, and trying to just buy items that we can use now or in the near future. I am not stockpiling things, but sometimes have a few extras on hand to use or give to others. I love seeing how much I save and doing a little dance about it.:) I know there are tons of others who do a much better job with all this, but I am having fun!
I will end with some soccer shots of Kale. He is so enjoying soccer as much as we are enjoying watching him and cheering him on. I am glad that he gets this special time to do something by himself; good job buddy!
| Yes, their jerseys are really this bright- easy to spot on the fields though! |
| Adam and is having fun working with Kale on his skills. |
| Every good player needs a memorable celebration move:) |
| Nice throw in son! |
Hope you are all having a lovely spring. So thankful for friends and family. Looking forward to visitors in the next two weeks.





No comments:
Post a Comment