Thursday, January 3, 2013

Hubby's Homemade Mint Hot Chocolate

I love new beginnings, don't you?  This blog has a new name, a new background, and new tabs to more accurately reflect the blog's overall theme.  Check out the "Yearly Goals" tab to see how I am kicking off 2013. 

It was so nice today when the kids were able to get all their winter stuff on (helping each other and doing it without my assistance).  They had a blast playing in the snow and making a snow science museum.  I have no idea what a snow science museum is, only that my kids are having fun building one.:)

In light of my goals for 2013, I was the good Mommy and called them in for hot chocolate before their faces were too red.  Hubby gave me this idea the other night to make homemade mint hot chocolate; so easy and delicious.
  
   Hubby's Homemade Mint Hot Chocolate

   Step #1:  Gather the supplies (Andes mints- I got these crushed mints on sale at Aldi after
   Christmas for $1.30; they are usually quite a bit more- you could use whole Andes mints too.  You
   can crush up candy canes too although that is harder, literally).  Also you will need hot water,
   mugs, spoons, candy canes and hot cocoa mix.

  

   Step #2:  Boil water for the hot cocoa (I like the whimsy of using a teapot).


   
    Step #3:  Add mints to the bottom of the mug

   
  
   Step #4: 
Pour hot water over mints and stir.



   Step #5:  Add your favorite hot cocoa mix and stir


  Step #6:  Add a candy cane if desired (careful because it cracks and breaks when the water is hot. 
  Make sure the drinkers know there may be large candy chunks in their drink before it melts).  You   
  can also use a candy cane for dipping too.  Let the drink cool some before you serve it, you can
  always add an ice cube.  Whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles would be a fun add-on.

 

     Step #7:  Enjoy a cup for yourself and the smiling faces that think you are the best!
 

2 comments:

Jen said...

Yes, new begining's are a great thing! Love the "new" blog!!!

TLETJ said...

Great job on the blog changes! Keep using your talents :)